This week is the last week of college, so I’ve spent more time on other subjects to get feedback one last time. For our project, I’ve made the penguin animation more readable and started working on a sphinx for the next level (egypt). It took me some time designing, but the model is now nearly… Continue reading [ART] Small update
1. The post-processing effect wouldn’t build, but that is solved now. 2. I added an extra options menu for the sound, now you can adjust volume, quality, mute it and select which kind of mode you want. 3. I added a small buffer for the camera intro, to be sure the whole level is stabilized… Continue reading Build Problems And more
Wednesday there was some playtesting of the game. In this moment we got some feedback on things that might work better and be more intuitive. Feedback points I changed: 1. The scoreboard was sorted with by lives left and then time. Now there is a time penalty for when you get hit and that gets… Continue reading Implementing Feedback
Mainly this week I’ve tried to bake the light, but results were very poor (cast shadows disssapeared, everything turned kind of black, light maps look weird). Quite some time went into testing so it’s very unfortunate this didn’t result in any improvement. Ice rock test with smoothness and more angular shapes, also has light emission… Continue reading [ART] Baking tests
This week I made a new hazard, the floating log. You can collide with it and lose health. The log will float on the water and move to the right and left, changing direction after it hits the side of the river. I also make some changes to the boat behavior and added hazards to… Continue reading Floating Log Hazard
This week I again redesigned the main menu a bit. This time I also did a script overhaul since we needed more screens and another way of selecting the levels. Furthermore, I did a part of the technical side on the canyon level, that includes checking all collision is entered, and that hazards are placed.… Continue reading Smaller and bigger things
This week, I’ve done most work on adding two props: a statue-head and a pillar. These stone objects will add contrast to the jungle and make it visually more interesting. I’ve finished up placing props in the jungle level, now only the hazards should be added for this level to be complete. Beside placing props,… Continue reading [ART] Update on the jungle level, nearly finished.
I made a little 2 fram animation of mike being really happy. The idea is that we use him whenever the game is loading or calibrating so the player knows something is happening.
This week I made the boat break into pieces after you lose your last life and when the boat lands in the water after falling it now splashes into the water. I also made some changes to the boat behavior so it stays more above the water level after landing from small heights.
This week I tried to change the main menu a bit and updated the scripts with extra or better functionality. I tried out a material for the 3D letters in the main menu. In the script, I added placeholders, so that the players can be given information off what is happening. The UI of that… Continue reading Main Menu and more